We’ve been told this block was once covered in hydroponic strawberry and tomato fields around ten years ago. We would concur given every square metre (ok, I’m exaggerating slightly) we find cut off steel posts lumped in concrete from what we imagine were the frames that held up the vegie shelters.
When Rose’s paddock (the pony) was errected, the digger ripped this lump out and (accidentally) broke the creek irrigation that ran through inside (damn). At first we thought never mind, however noted a few days later the vegie patch tap didn’t work as a result. Luke’s been on a mission ever since to try and re-connect the irrigation pipe. Of course, I never doubted him.
Stay tuned this week as it’s a long weekend here in Queensland and we’ve got some great DIY projects to get your teeth into.