Ok so we may not be anywhere near as famous as our idols Jen Bishop and Carlene Duffy however we thought it would be appropriate for you to get to know nooks & cranny – behind the scenes – in our very own exclusive interview (ha) with ourselves.
20 Questions in 120 Seconds with nooks & cranny
1. What time do you set your alarm in the mornings?
N: It varies depending on my day. Anywhere between 445am and 630am.
L: I normally wake before the 5am beeping starts and then I’m straight off to the jobsite.
2. Do you work from a laptop or desktop?
N: MAC Desktop.
L: MAC Laptop, Ipad and Iphone.
3. What’s your favourite piece of furniture?
N: My new DIY Dining Table, cane sitting chair and Kara Roselund horse print (can I have three?).
L: Our king size bed.
4. Do you have a favourite colour?
N: Mmmm not sure. No.
5. What’s your middle name?
6. Are you a cereal or toast lover for brekkie?
N: Museli with fresh yoghurt and fruit from Luke’s garden.
L: A coffee and I’m out the door.
7. Do you have any pets?
N: Hell yes. Chelsea our jack russel, Rose our pony, eight chooks and several resident spiders and snakes.
L: What she said…
8. Are you a DIYer or crafty type?
N: I’d like to think so. Yes I think I am.
L: Is this a trick question?
9. Who’s your favourite celebrity?
N: I have too many. Perhaps Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson or Shelley Craft.
L: Dan Balzerian (Nikki will kill me for saying that, haha).
10. Name one thing in your handbag right now.
N: Coco Mademoiselle EDT perfume.
L: I’m gonna take this as, “What’s in my nailbag right now.” Let’s go with tin snips for the steel frame I’m currently building.
11. What’s the most unusual item in your fridge?
N: I like to say I keep a pretty clean fridge. But perhaps the fat and oil jar from our accumulated roast dinners (which I really must throw out soon).
L: Two packets of fresh whole beetroots.
12. Can you a touch type?
N: No. But I’m pretty quick.
L: Definetly not but getting better.
13. How many throw cushions are on your lounge?
N & L: Seven scattered on three chairs.
14. Iphone versus Android. Which are you?
15. Do you follow any sports?
N: Mmm not really. Is Grand Home Designs Australia considered a sport on Foxtel?
L: Cricket, Footy (the Broncos), that kinda thing.
16. Do you use fabric softener on your towels?
N: Nope. I’m a converted Norwex user including their fab washing powder.
L: I’m lucky to even use the machine let alone insert softener. That’s a no from me.
17. What’s your favourite pair of shoes?
N: My Witchery black boots and RM Williams knee highs (sorry I have two).
L: My BCF pluggers (aka thongs) which we bought camping one year after I forgot shoes all together.
18. Have you ever hired an interior designer?
N: Nope. Would. Love. Too. One day.
L: This is Nikki’s domain not mine.
19. Why the name nooks & cranny?
Well you can catch up on our name discussions over here.
20. Name one kitchen appliance you can’t live without.
N: Nespresso Machine.
L: Tough call. Perhaps the fry pan. I love making crepe suzette and scrambled eggs.
There you have it DIYers. However if you’re left wanting another chuckle, head over to our 10 things you never knew about us post it’s a goodie.
Tel us, were there any surprise responses in here for you?